Will you require a flood insurance policy?

We require flood insurance for properties located in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on maps published by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). FEMA produces maps, called Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) depicting flood hazards across the United States. By law, we must require the purchase of flood insurance for mortgages on buildings shown in the flood zones on these maps.

From time to time, revisions to these maps are made by FEMA and our requirements are adjusted accordingly. This means that if your property was not in a designated flood area but is now in a designated flood area, then we will require you to maintain a flood insurance policy. On the other hand, if your property was in a flood area and is now no longer in a flood area, then we would no longer require you to maintain a flood insurance policy.

Contact your Loan Officer for further information.

Corporate Headquarters

  • 713-334-1100
  • 9700 Richmond Avenue, Suite 320
  • Houston, TX 77042
  • NMLS #2297
Equal Housing Opportunity